Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Dance Recital!

Last Saturday was the dance recital for the Vibe Studio, where the girls have been taking dance lessons since January. Since Ballet Petit's recital last June resulted in my needing a break from dance classes for six months, I for one was relieved that the Vibe only rehearsed during the regular class time... and allowed the performers to come into the audience and watch the show when they were not needed on stage. (I will admit that the show was nowhere near as professional as the Ballet Petit show)

The girls had a lot of fun and felt like stars, which is what we're going for at this stage! Julianna had a wonderful smile during her entire dance, and only had to look at her teacher in the wings a few times (in other words, she remembered the dance fairly well). Katie had to work harder to keep a smile on her face, as she tends to have a look of concentration. She identified that smiling was something she had to think about, and did so with tremendous success! She looked terrific. And, her class knew their choreography!

They were so honored to have many fans in the audience! It was so special to them to see that Darell & Kathryn, Wendy & Jon, and "Tall Katie" had come to see them!

Katie and Emma were in a tap number called "You Can't Stop the Beat" from "Hairspray," and Julianna and Sara did a ballet to "Beauty and the Beast." Just look at these faces! (The makeup sure makes them look older, doesn't it?)







Photography was not allowed during the performance, but I snapped these during the dress rehearsal on Thursday. They are a bit blurry, but I think they're fun anyway:

(Julianna is the far right dancer)

(Katie is second from the left)

(Katie is the left-most dancer)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful posting. I love the pictures, especially the dress rehearsal blurry ones. I had no problem picking out our girls, even before you gave the clues. They look great in the costumes and smiles. I would have been in major happy tears had I been fortunate enough to have been there, I hate missing these events with you.