Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's a busy time of year!

We've got a tree in our living room!


I'm really happy with our tree this year. It's a beautiful shape and looks terrific. Last year's was kind of a dud, but this one is great!

Just before Thanksgiving, Julianna had an assignment at school called "The Creatures Give Thanks." She was assigned the alligator. She had to do a little research to find out about alligators, then write a song about them and make a puppet. Each child brought their puppet to school and sang their song. I got to go in and watch them all. One of the benefits of being Room Parent!




On December 2, the girls had their school Christmas program. Each class sang a few songs. The 4th grade traditionally learns how to play the recorder, which they demonstrate at the Christmas program. All of the 4th graders started out playing the song, and then most stopped and sang while about 6 students played a harmony part on their recorders. Katie was one of the students chosen to keep playing! Katie is also in the school choir, so she sang with them as well. Nick sat with Mommy and Daddy - for the last time! Next year he'll be in Kindergarten and we won't have anyone sitting with us! I can't believe it!



Katie's orchestra was asked to play at a Christmas party. Here she is dressed in her musician clothes for her gig! She played Violin I on some songs and Violin II on others.



Last Friday was Nick's school Christmas program. I can't believe it's our family's last year at Calvary Preschool! The program started at 11:30 and the girls' school was having noon dismissal due to parent conferences. I decided to take the girls out at 11:00 so that they could come watch Nick's program. He has seen so many of theirs, so it was nice to have them in the audience watching him! His class sang "The Friendly Beasts," and Nick sang out loud and strong!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what talented, creative and beautiful children you have Barb...I am sure they got all that from Noni....NOT! Thank goodness for those Tibble genes! I am only sorry to miss the concerts and 'show time'! Thanks for the updates...your tree is beautiful! Love, Noni

Wendy said...

Ok, they are all darling, as usual, but the picture of Katie in her skirt and blouse and scarf reminds me soooooo much of your Plastow Player days!!!! xoxo to you all! Miss you! I've been nuts with work trying to get things off my plate before next month! :)