Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nick at Sunday Preschool

We are starting to leave Nick at his Sunday Preschool class now, as opposed to Daddy and Katie staying there with him. This week, the topic was "animals," and the craft was gluing decorations onto animal masks.

Nick made a "lion mask," complete with sequin adornment. He wore it everywhere for two solid days!





He would put it on his face and say "RAARRRRR." And he would put it on the top of his head and say, "Now I'm just Nick!"

And you wonder why I'm such a sucker for him.


Darell had a nice, but short, visit. My favorite was going to the high school basketball game with Darell, Julianna, and Nick. (Eric and Katie were in the mountains this weekend.)

Darell, thanks for coming and staying here with our pushy cat and enthusiastic children when you could be staying in a hotel! Aren't you sad you missed my car accident and Nick in the mask? (Well, one out of two.)

And since Darell reads this blog but we don't talk on the phone, here's what happened: I was driving home from my gig on Saturday night, merging from the 405 to the 10, and had to stop quickly due to an accident in the far right lane. While sitting there, stopped, waiting for a space to merge into the next lane over and get around the accident, I was rear-ended. Actually, the guy was trying to get over and avoid me but did clip the corner of my bumper. Tra la la, what fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick, I love your mask. You did a really good job, it looks very special. It must be fun to be a lion sometimes and make lion sounds.

Anonymous said...

I am sucker for him too! Great job Nick...isn't it fun to play pretend?? Love you xxoo