Monday, February 25, 2008

School Projects

Julianna was the VIP on "J" day. She was given a big piece of paper with an outline of a "J" to take home for her project. She was to cut out the "J", think of something that starts with "J", and glue a whole bunch of that item to the "J." Here she is with the final product, her "J" covered in Jewels!


On "J" day, she brought in her Jewel-ly "J" and presented it to the class. She also brought snack that day, and we brought Jell-O.


Katie had a book report to do. She was to make a puppet of a character in a chapter book she has read this month. After discussion of many options, she decided to make a Pippi Longstocking puppet. She asked Mom to help out by working on Pippi's signature hairdo.


I like the surprise touch she added: when you open the puppet's mouth, Pippi talks to you! It was fun when she showed it to me -- I was quite surprised!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great creativity at your house.

Julianna, I've seen a lot of J's in my life, but now I've seen the most beautiful! You did a wonderful job decorating your J with Jewels.

Katie, what a clever puppet, your idea to make the puppet talk was brilliant. Great job. Tell Mom I like Pippi's hair too.

I'm happy to see you are doing good things in your schoolwork like this.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what creative girls we have living at the Chabot House! Loved your gorgeous J Julianna and the puppet turned out super Katie! Mom was so smart to use that hanger for her braids. Hope you are all having a good week. Love you all....xxoo