There was a gash on the front side, so I cleaned it up and put a Band-Aid on, and had her ice it to keep it as cold as she could stand for as long as she could stand.
Today she took the Band-Aid off and the skin underneath was WHITE. The nail bed was purple, as was the tip of the swollen finger. The WHITENESS freaked me out, and I started imagining all kinds of Worst-Case Scenarios, as I got J and N out the door to the Urgent Care.
By the time we got there, it was pinking up, and all the WHITENESS disappeared during our waiting room stay. This made J and I feel a bit better.
The doctor determined that it did not need to be drained, and the x-ray showed that the finger is not broken.
All that worrying for nothing! And you know who worried even more than I did? Julianna. She was terrified of showing it to the doctor, because she thought he might do something painful in order to fix it. Many, many tears were shed. And when he told her that all he wanted to do was take a picture (x-ray) of her finger, more tears were shed - this time of relief.
Whew!
Here's what her finger looks like now:
2 comments:
My goodness, that is a sore looking finger, what a brave girl to go to the doctor, ... I'm proud of you and Julianna too. Thanks for the posting.
Wow Julianna, you were so brave! I see that the nail is turning blue so maybe Mom can paint the rest of your nails to match...that would be fun! Glad you are feeling better. xxoo Noni
Post a Comment