Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Secret Lives of Sisters

Every night at bedtime I read a chapter of a book (right now it's Ramona the Pest) and kiss two girls goodnight in two separate beds.

Frequently, the next morning I find this:



These sisters have a secret life. I have discovered that they sometimes read together for a while longer after lights out (I do sometimes hear the giggling), by the lights of the Disney Princess dolls that glow for a few seconds after you squeeze them. Can't you just see them together in the bed, squeezing their dolls every 30 seconds so they can see their book?

Daddy and I don't let on that we know about this. They think they're being sneaky, which I think adds to their fun!

This is just what I have found out about. I'm sure they've got other secrets together!...

...Isn't that wonderful?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is delightful, thanks for letting us in on the secret.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what fun I had catching up on the last week with the Chabot family! Geez, I go out of town for a week and stay disconnected from anything electronic and guess what??? Beans are growing, girls are dancing, puppets are singing, sleepovers are happening, sisters are sneaking and.....whew...thanks for letting me take a peek at your worlds. Miss you all and love you much, Noni