Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The glasses have arrived!





On the drive home from the optometrist, she kept looking over her glasses, through her glasses, over her glasses, through her glasses, marveling at the things in the distance that she suddenly can see!

This summer, at the Clackamas County Fair, she asked me a question about one of the cows. I said, "the answer is right there on the sign at the top of the stall." She told me she couldn't read it. I asked her several times if she was just pulling my leg. I made a mental note to pay attention to whether she can read at a distance.

After the school year started, I asked Katie if she could see the board in the classroom, and she said "not really." I told her that I thought she should see an optometrist and find out what's up. She had to remind me several times to make an appointment, and last week I finally remembered during business hours.

She was very excited and hopeful that she would be leaving with glasses. She seemed to think wearing glasses would be cool. The doctor said that she was testing at 20/60 to 20/80, so I decided to go ahead and get her glasses for those times when she needed to see something far away. She was very excited and wished she didn't have to wait for the glasses to be made.

Ahead of schedule, they were ready today! What an exciting errand to run!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, your glasses are so cute! I love the colors on the side. Isn't it fun to see things clearly again?? Hope all is going well at school and you only have 8 days until Halloween! Love and hugs, xxoo Noni

Anonymous said...

Your glasses look great, it must be wonderful for you to be able to see so much better. I'm very happy for you. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

You look smart and beautiful!