Monday, March 2, 2009

Where did February go?

Hmmm. It's March now.

I'm not sure how that happened.

I feel like I've been buried under a huge pile of volunteer duties. I can think of three big things right off the top of my head that I've been working on during the last two weeks.

I've also been going to the gym a bit more. I've been pretty good about going to a class twice a week since early October, and during the last couple of weeks I have been extra focused on making sure I get there. I am seeing NO RESULTS. Wheee!

We got to see Darell and Kathryn a few times, between hitting them up for babysitting and watching Westridge girls' basketball with them. We get to see them and Kathryn's mom this coming weekend!

We also got to see Noni twice! Katie missed her the first time, because she was at Catherine's sleepover birthday party. It was on Friday the 13th. Some of the girls decided they had better stay up until Saturday because it would be creepy to sleep on Friday the 13th. I don't have to tell you if Katie was one of them!

Well, I did manage a few photos this month:

Nick's friend Sean came over and they played with cars in the living room!




Nick and I had a little Mardi Gras celebration together. He said he wanted to go to the donut shop, and I decided I could shell out the $0.85 for our date!


The kids and I went to the zoo the other day. We enjoy reading maps! (We also enjoy watching industrious little orangutans!)





This month we started letting Turbo go outside in the back yard! He is very happy with the arrangement!



This photo tells two stories. One, Julianna lost one of her front teeth on Ash Wednesday during school!

And two, you can see the big scratch on her face where Turbo attacked her! She was playing outside with Alyssa and Nick, and Turbo ran up, jumped up and attacked her face! She was very upset. SO WAS I. GAH.


But let's move on. Here's another photo, taken just three days later when another tooth fell out!

You can see that the scratch is almost gone already. Phew.

I think the tooth fairy is moving in! Since January 22nd, Julianna and Katie have lost seven teeth! Seven! (Katie four and Julianna three.)

In fact, they lost four during the last week of February alone, including one each last Saturday! That's right, a double-tooth-fairy-visit!

And it's not over: Julianna has one more loose one, and Katie has three loose teeth!

They are falling out left and right around here!

Poor Nick keeps pulling on his teeth and despairing "when will I lose a tooth?" I can't blame him feeling left out right now! But he visited the dentist this month and I saw his x-rays. None of his teeth are getting ready to come out, in case you are remembering that Katie lost her first two when she was 4.5!

As for Eric, he started February with the big downsizing at his company, and now he's ending February with jury duty. That's right, he's on a jury.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!@! I'm so glad to see pictures and hear the news. Thank you. Great stories with the cat, teeth, celebrations, and visits! Yes, time is flying by and it keeps going faster every time I turn around - you can ask Katie about that I think she knows how to explain the details. Georgie's visiting us at the moment, so gotta run. Thanks again, I really enjoyed this. Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a busy family! And the poor tooth fairy!!! Busy, busy. Loved the pictures. Julianna, you look so cute with your two front teeth missing! And Nick...who won the car races with your buddy. Looked like you were having a blast. Have fun this weekend with Daryl and family. Miss you all, lots! xxoo Noni