Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Kindergarten Easter Party

Holy Family Kindergarten has a long-standing tradition of having a party for every holiday, and each holiday party has its own traditions to boot!

For Easter, a family that lives off of Diamond Ave. hosts an Easter Egg Hunt in their gardens. This family has been doing this since their 23-year-old daughter was in Kindergarten. They have Easter decorations all over their house, and their gardens have lots of great hiding places for eggs.

One of the parents always dresses up in the Easter Bunny costume and greets the children when they arrive at the house. Then each child gets to take a picture with the Easter Bunny.

(Nick and I went over to help hide the eggs before the Kindergarteners walked over. Nick saw the Easter Bunny and declared "that's not the real Easter Bunny. That's a person in a costume. The real Easter Bunny is magic.")

(Last month he shocked Eric and I when at bedtime he announced, "Santa is not real." I found out later that he was telling us he's not a real person, he's a magic person.)

After the Kindergarteners follow the bunny pawprints on their walk over from school, they greet the Easter Bunny, hunt for their eggs, and have time for craft and game stations, and then they have snack: cupcakes!








Nick was wearing a bear hat for the second day in a row. He was a bear.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful recap of your exciting activities. Thanks for posting everything! Loved it all. Am at Cory and Shan's now, Malia is such fun...her own little person. Mommy is more than 'done' with this pregnancy ready to meet little Noa. Please tell the kids how proud I am of all them and how adorable they all looked with the bunny, with the bear hat, in her Father Daughter dress (so grown up)and in the gorgeous Prince Edward costume that her talented Grandma made. What lucky kids they all are!! Love and Miss you all lots. xxoo Noni

Anonymous said...

My, My, how busy you were with all the postings. I'm so happy to see all the pictures and activities. Loved the post its on the cat and the bear hat. But just really enjoyed seeing all the busy things you're into. Sure do miss you guys, wish I could be there. Love, G-Mom

Anonymous said...

By the way - we really had an amazing hail storm on Monday, the street was completely white with hailstones about the size of gum balls 1/2 inch in diameter. Larry was in the shed out in the back during the pelting and said it was quite loud there. Melted fairly quickly though. I took a picture - I may send it. Mom