Back in Southern California, the girls each did a week-long half-day camp with Holy Family's first grade teacher. Julianna's camp focused on getting ready for first grade, while Katie's camp focused on making sock monkeys (as well as clothes and a pet for the sock monkey). The kids also had friends over to swim and play, making June a fun kickoff to summer!
One day while Katie was at the camp, Julianna, Nick and I drove down to Irvine to visit my friend Susan and her cute kids. They are ages 4.5 and 3. The kids all had a ball together, and mine keep talking about visiting them again. I'm looking forward to doing just that, since I absolutely loved spending time with Susan!
The girls also did a week of Girl Scout day camp (and will do another week in August), which had a "Time Travelers" theme. Each day was a different era: pioneer, Egypt, '60's, renaissance, and ancient Greece. Both girls had a great time. At pickup on the first day, Katie said, "we did so many amazing, unbelievable, awesome things that I can't believe it was only one day!"
Meanwhile, Nick had an outing with some of his friends at our closest Audubon Center. Here are a couple of cute photos of him with his buddy Sean:
The Fourth of July is a big day in South Pasadena. Donna joined us for the fun. We started off the day by walking down to watch the parade, and later on co-hosted a party with our neighbors. We had lots of kids swimming in our pool and jump in the bounce house in the neighbors' back yard. After lots of food and playing, we all gathered together and watched the city fireworks show right over head! I think everyone had a great time!
Here we are starting out our day:
I didn't manage any party pictures, but here are a few from the parade. I took quite a few of the parade, including several vintage cars, but I just thought this teeny garbage truck was so funny that I had to share it here!
No comments:
Post a Comment