This summer was just so great! A nice mix of structured activities and free, unscheduled time.
I'm going to have "First Day of School" pictures to post here tomorrow, I guess, so what I'm going to do is post a picture of something from TODAY and then also a picture from the summer (aaaaaah). I plan to do that tomorrow, too, and then we'll see where it goes from there!
Here's what has been looming over us for the past three days so far:
(I stole this picture off the internet. It's a picture of La Canada taken from the Colorado Street Bridge. That's the Rose Bowl just to the left of the bushes.)

It's very ominous and imposing. The smell of smoke is overwhelming. Throats are hurting and eyes are stinging. The fire continues to grow and move. It seems to be moving away from us (the smell has lessened here) but they say the fire will not be contained until Sept. 8.
And here's a picture from the summer to make us feel happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment