Today's picture is of a special outing last Sunday. My mom took all of us to see "Hairspray." It was the first time the five of us have been to the movies together, and it was only Katie's 3rd (or so) movie in a theater. Eric and I (and my Mom) had already seen it, and Eric bought the soundtrack and the girls have been listening to it obsessively. We surprised them by taking them to see it! They were so excited. Julianna sang along with the opening number, it was so cute. Katie sat there the whole time with her wide eyes taking it all in. Nick enjoyed it too, as he's been listening to the songs with the girls, although he did have to walk up and down our row for part of the time. Even though there were a few times when I was thinking "oh, boy, I hope that lyric went over their heads," it was a fun time. Afterwards, Katie was still floating on air that she actually got to see the movie in the theater. The next morning, she said "I still can't believe it! I was dreaming that I would see Hairspray in the movie theater but I thought I would have to wait for the DVD! But my dream came true!"

Today I am again sharing a Blast From The Past picture in honor of my niece Malia (she is one week old today!). This is the day Julianna was born. She had the best hair! Very whimsical! You can't really see it that well, but the top stood straight up in a pointy mohawk.
No comments:
Post a Comment