Friday, September 14, 2007

14-Sept-2007

Wanna know what I did yesterday?

I took two kids to Disneyland by myself!

We've got Annual Passes, and now that it's the "off-season," I wanted to use 'em! Julianna, Nick, and I had no plans yesterday, and I suddenly thought of Disneyland. So off we went! We were there for just under four hours and were home in time to take a nap.

We had a wonderful time! We went on a few of our favorite rides, had lunch, and headed home. I am telling you, this is the life.



I know what you're thinking. "What about Katie?" I know. I felt for her. When she left for school, I didn't even have the idea of Disneyland. When she got home, we sat down and talked about it. We'll go a few more times when she can be there too. She took it very well.

I read an idea in some book to get the kids off to school one random day during the year, and then surprisingly take them out of school mid-morning and head off for some special outing. That's the kind of thing they'll always remember. What a cool idea. I should do that for Katie sometime this year.

Maybe we'll play a board game tonight as a family. What was your favorite board game when you were a kid? We had one called "Even Elephants Forget" that was fun. We also liked Monopoly and Clue, and there was this dice game called "Skunk." I'm not sure I even knew how to play it, but on one side of each die there was a picture of a skunk, and I thought that was cool.

You can click on the "comment" button below to answer!

4 comments:

Kari said...

One of my favorite games as a kid was Mastermind. I also loved Life and Clue. I usually got bored of Monopoly before the game was over. Ben is now really into games and we have one called Zingo that is fun as well as some German strategy games that he likes. Disney sounds like fun! I think we are the only people left in Orange County who don't have annual passes. I'm thinking of getting them now that the kids are at more managable ages for me to take them by myself. A lot of people around here take thier kids there afterschool or for a few hours in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Played Chutes & Ladders for hours as a young child. However, got many more laugh from playing a card game called "Nerts". Barbra, if you're not familiar with it already, just ask your mother. Always lost to my older brother with Monopoly, so don't have feel good memories of that game.

Joilene Hazard, The Liberty Company said...

Hungry Hungry HIPPO! It can get a little bit violent with a brother who had anger management issues as a child....but I was willing to take the risk. That's how much I loved the game. hahahaha

Joilene Hazard, The Liberty Company said...

OH! And I forgot - the thing I remembered the most about my mom was taking me out of school for lunch and writing notes in my lunch box for me to read every day. :)