Monday, November 3, 2008

There's been a delay

Sorry for the delay in putting up Halloween pictures.

The good news is that Sunday evening I was busy - out with some mom friends.

The bad news is that today was spent in medical offices.

This morning, Julianna woke up with a painful throat. Remembering the notice that came home last week about strep in the Kindergarten, I knew that she would be going to the doctor instead of school today. We got Katie and Nick to school, and since the earliest pediatrician appointment was at 2:50 pm, we went to Urgent Care to check out the wait. Since my throat is scratchy as well, I though Urgent Care might take care of both of us at the same time.

There were only three people in the waiting room.

They finally called us in after TWO HOURS of waiting. Julianna and I were SO BORED!

When they called us in, I asked if we would have to wait more in the exam room, because we had only ten minutes until we had to leave to pick up Nick.

After five minutes, I realized that there wouldn't be time for the test and paying the co-pay, so we just left WITHOUT SEEING A DOCTOR.

Well, that was a good use of two and a half hours.

Later, at the 2:50 pm pediatrician appointment, Julianna's test came out positive and she's taking antibiotics and staying home again tomorrow!

My tomorrow, which was supposed to contain two volunteer activities for Julianna's class, as well as going to vote,

now contains

going to the doctor (for me) and voting, with two kids in tow.

Hope I can avoid a wait.


____________

I've uploaded the photos onto the computer, but now I am going to bed to rest this scratchy throat. I'm hoping to have time to put together a post tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy.....not fun! There is a reason I call Urgent Care "Doc in the box"! Hope the strep doesn't run through the whole family but odds are probably against that. Take good care and rest when you can. I'm still fighting the brochitis/sinus infection..seems to be hanging on for dear life. Just hope all the sickness is over for turkey day! Will anxiously await Halloween photos. xxoo Noni

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your day was so awful. Your Dad says the whole family needs to be cultured including the pets, but you don't want to go back to the vet though. Hope you were able to vote, too bad California has not moved into the progressive "vote by mail" like Oregon, it sure would have made things easier for you. Love, Mom