Friday, May 15, 2009

Backyard metamorphosis

What we're focusing on is the bed along the garage wall...

here's how it looked before we moved in (bushes were torn out during escrow to make repairs to the garage wall)...


For a long time it looked like this, although I knew what I wanted to do with the space:


here it is last July (1.5 years after we moved in), when I finally found an arbor...


then, thanks to my mom, I finally got the climbing roses I'd been meaning to put there (this April)...


then we stained and sealed the arbor ... and last weekend, another new development - trellises so the climbing roses will have lots of space to spread out and grow! Won't it be pretty when they are covering the arbor and trellises?


Upcoming on the agenda:
Small flowers to fill in spots between roses
A bench inside the arbor
Some sort of wall decoration inside the arbor


Thanks for the roses, Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The roses are going to love that spot and grow like weeds. Enjoy! It is looking beautiful. Love to all, Noni

Anonymous said...

It is looking good! I enjoyed seeing the roses, thanks for the pictures. They are looking good and healthy, glad we ordered them. I love the trellises, it's going to look great. Hope the roses like to shake, I heard you had a quake yesterday. Love, Mom