Friday, November 20, 2009

so much to tell

As usual, things have really been hopping around here.

Sigh... summer, why did you have to end?

Yes, I am a broken record.

Summer, summer, summer, we get it! You like summer! Get over it!

Katie's class went on a field trip to Mission San Juan Capistrano. They took Amtrak from Union Station. They really enjoyed their day. I think I was the only mom who had taken that exact same field trip herself in fourth grade! (except we took Amtrak from the Santa Ana station, which is much closer to San Juan Capistrano, of course) I was pretty tickled about it.

Julianna's class also got to take a field trip to see a short production of "Charlotte's Web," which she liked very much.

Nick's class went on a field trip to the local fire station. This was the only field trip that I was able to chaperon. I have been to that fire station for many, many field trips!

The kids and I went down to Disneyland one Friday because my wonderful friends Anna & Justin were there that day with their four-year-old daughter, Maya. They live in Houston, and I hadn't seen them in almost five years. They are expecting a boy in January! It was such fun to see them. My kids fell in love with Maya! They have asked if we can go visit her in Houston; and when we left them at Disneyland, we were not even to the parking shuttle when they said "we miss them already!"



At this point, Maya was too tired to continue :-)

The kids and I went back to Disneyland (California Adventure, actually) on Wednesday the 11th, because both schools had Veterans' Day off. I had heard it would be a busy day, but we decided to give California Adventure a try - it's less crowded than Disneyland. Goodness, the parking was difficult. It took forever to wait in line to park, and we had to park in some far-away lot and then find our way (on foot) to the Entrance Plaza. I was pretty frustrated, but the fun of Disney cheered me up quickly! We only did about four rides/attractions, because I wanted to get home before rush hour... that's the great thing about Annual Passes!



We took the kids to see the Michael Jackson movie, "This is It." Eric and I thought it was very interesting to watch that rehearsal footage. The kids liked it as well, but thought it was a bit long for them. Katie was afraid during the "Thriller" part, but Nick and Julianna thought it was the coolest part of the whole movie!

Katie and Eric went horseback riding with their Trailblazers group (formerly Indian Princesses). Katie also had to find time to meet with her group for the Explorer Project. I think this was the first group project she has had to do that required time outside of class. It was challenging, to say the least. Between orchestra, violin lessons, choir, Girl Scouts, volleyball practice and games, and tap class, she is keeping herself busy.




Julianna is also taking violin now. She wanted to join the after school Beginning Violins class with some of her first grade friends and is having a lot of fun with it.

All three kids decided to play in the Winter basketball league. Nick is particularly excited, as expected! He's also going to play tee ball in the Spring.

We watched "The Incredibles" for the first time last weekend. The kids LOVED it! They sure are growing up!

No comments: