Things are looking good here. Last week I was very busy (aren't we all this time of year) getting the decorations up, enjoying Katie's Christmas performance (she sang her heart out and we could hear her!), and dragging Nick all over town running errands. Today when we dropped J off at school, he said "where are we going now?" and I said "hmmm... Target?" to which he replied, "No! We're just going home!" So he has had it with errands!
Unfortunately our videocamera is not functioning and we have to send it in to see if it can be fixed. Eric gave it to me for Christmas last year and bought it 12/17, so it should be under warranty except that we don't have the receipt. Which they are saying is required. We'll see what happens, but having no videocamera for Nick's birthday and Christmas with the cousins is a total bummer.
Nick is getting very excited about his birthday! Every day we talk about how many days are left and he can hardly believe it! Tonight the girls and I went to the store and got the birthday gifts they had in mind for him. They can't wait for him to open them! Katie says she loves to give presents as well as get.
Yesterday we got our tree! We always play Christmas music as we hang ornaments. Nick was very involved in the decorating this year, so we were five hard workers! The girls ooh-ed and ah-ed and reminisced as we unpacked the ornaments. This all really feels like a tradition now! But no video of it this year ... gah!
The tree lot
Ornaments are out and ready to go
Nick's favorite is this train (the first one he put up), which he seems to remember from last year (it's one of Eric's from Grandma Jeanne)
Katie has a lot of favorites. Here, she is pointing to the shepherd/star ornament just after hanging it
I just taught the girls "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and Julianna and I found a set of "12 Days" ornaments. She enjoyed hanging them on our tree!
The finished product looks terrific!
2 comments:
It certainly does look terrific! Great pictures. I still only have the lights on my tree so far, maybe that's what I'll do on Christmas day?? hang ornaments. Love, Mom
Everyone looked like they were having such fun! The tree looks wonderful. Traditions are such fun to establish. And Nick is having a party...Yea. Wish I could be there. Hope you all have loads of fun. XXOO, Noni
Post a Comment