Monday, September 8, 2008

The First Day of School

Today our girl had her first day of Kindergarten! She was cheerful and excited this morning as she got ready to go.


We were quite a group walking over to the school! Julianna had her little snack in a little lunchbox.


You know what? Julianna has the same desk that Katie had on her first day of Kindergarten! I think she was a little nervous when she got to the classroom, although she hides it well when she's out in public.





After our (much smaller) group left the school, we took Nick over to the preschool for his first day!


There were some tears at drop-off time, so I stayed to watch for a little while. Nick was shy during circle time, his hands fiddling with his mouth, but did speak out loud and strong when they asked them if they knew their teachers' names! He played by himself in the bike yard, and I found that a little hard to watch, so I headed home. When I came to pick him up, he was enthusiastically participating in Story Time. He saw me, ran over for a hug, and told me "I like Room 7!" Then we took the picture you see just above!


This is Julianna when she got home from Kindergarten:

Doesn't she look happy?

She had a good first day and is looking forward to tomorrow. Maybe I'll hear more about her day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julianna you look so grown up and Nick, you look so handsome! It is hard for Noni to believe you are all going to school now. I love you and can hardly wait to see you all this weekend!!! Yea!!!! xxoo