Thursday, September 4, 2008

Since we've been home

Neighborhood Water Balloon Fight!



Weird fungus growing in my front pots



Playdates! and Swimming!
(Not pictured)

Took Nick to the dentist!
(Not pictured, but if there were a picture, heavenly light would be emanating from it. Six months ago, this boy was so afraid of the dentist that he wouldn't sit in the chair and wouldn't open his mouth and the dentist gave up and told me to just forget it and come back in six months. This time, he wanted "shiny lion teeth" and clambered right up into the seat and opened his mouth wide before the hygienist was even ready! He was CALM and followed all directions! Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!)

Drop-in Day (the girls carefully chose their outfits)



On Tuesday, we took the girls over to school for Drop-in Day. We brought all of Katie's school supplies and she put them in her desk in the third grade room. Julianna got to see her Kindergarten classroom and some of her friends who had dropped in at the same time. (I thought this would help with her nerves, but it was minimal.) Katie was having a great time in the third grade room and didn't want to leave, but Nick was VERY insistent that he did not want to be there anymore and we needed to come home! He was hoping that the girls would stay at school and he would have the house to himself, but no such luck.

The First Day of School for Katie



A very happy third grader has headed out the door for two mornings straight! She is so excited about the year, her teacher, learning cursive and multiplication (after January)... She's feeling very big because "we're the oldest on the playground!"

When she came home from school yesterday, I noticed that her new jumper is pretty long. So I took the waist up and hemmed the skirt last night (on both jumpers). Now, when I wash them, they'll probably shrink and I'll have to take it back out. Maybe not the best planning ever.

Julianna's first day will be Monday. She was wishing that she could start when Katie did. She's nervous about Kindergarten and wants to just get started so she can stop worrying. I agree!

No comments: