Monday, September 29, 2008

Time alone with Nick

Yes, we have time alone together every Tuesday and Thursday morning, but we had some unexpected time together when Julianna went over to Alyssa's house for lunch.

Nick got to choose what he wanted to eat for lunch, and he decided on scrambled eggs, and asked if he could help make them.

I don't usually have the kids help prepare the food, just because I don't think I can keep tabs on them well enough; but with only one, it's really fun to have them help make the meal!

Nick cracked the eggs and beat them with the whisk. While I tended to them on the stove, he did a very careful job cutting up cucumbers!

We sat down to enjoy our lunch together, and as you might guess, this time he didn't resist eating anything on his plate! He was excited about those cucumbers!

A simple thing can be really nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story, and such a good lesson, he must feel good learning to take care of himself. Good job. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a nice healthy lunch Nick chose. Sounds like you had a fun time together. Makes me long for those days with the boys again although we were at the stove with mac and cheese. I don't think that has changed even today! You'll find Ry and Cory making mac and cheese at least once a week! Don't know if Eric still does that or not?? xxoo Noni