We'd like you to meet him!
He may look familiar to you (Mom and Darell)...
(drumroll...)
This is Turbo!

He is from the pet store, and I met him there about a week ago. I thought he was sweet and friendly (and yes, I was a sucker for his coloring). Eric and I had been talking about getting a kitten for a few months, thinking that Dino would enjoy some companionship (I should now change that to "hoping," though). We also thought it would be fun for the people in the family!
I told Eric about this kitten, but then I hesitated, thinking that I should go to the Humane Society instead. I thought about it for a few days, and decided to go back to the pet store, since I knew he was friendly and since he had been an abandoned kitty and would end up at the Humane Society anyway if no one bought him.
I wanted to surprise the kids. So, while the girls were at gymnastics class on Monday, Nick and I went to the pet store and got him. Then, when the girls came out of class, I was holding our pet carrier and Nick was shouting, "we got a new kitty!" It took a minute to sink in, but then there was much jumping up and down and cheering!
It was hard to concentrate on homework (or much of anything) the rest of the evening. The New Kitten did a lot of exploring, and a lot of LOUD purring. I remarked to Nick, "he has a loud motor!" and Nick liked the idea of a cat having a motor.
We couldn't focus enough to think of a name that night, although Katie wanted him to have a name before she went to school in the morning. But we didn't want to rush into anything!
Katie asked everyone at school for name ideas, wrote them down, and came home with a long list of suggestions. I came up with a list of ideas, too.
Catherine, Henry, and Violet came over to meet The New Kitten after school. They wore him out chasing the laser pointer, and he slept most of the evening! This gave us a chance to talk over the name ideas and come to a consensus! Can you guess why "Turbo" seems to fit?
Our list of ideas included:
Coloring-inspired:
- Rocky
- Dusty
- iNKy (New Kitten)
- Smokey
- Cloudy
- Misty
- Storm/Stormy
- Thunder (see also: loud motor)
- Bo (Bojangles) (white tap shoes)
- Boots
- Sox,
Mischief-making-inspired:
- Rascal
- Roscoe
- Tuggy
Loud-motor-inspired:
- Thunder (see also: coloring)
- Diesel
- Harley
Little Cute Bug
If you're ever wondering what Turbo is doing "right now," chances are it's this:
Julianna is very good at picking him up and holding him, and seems to be doing just that during 99% of her waking hours.
He seems to like it too... so much that he has been known to fall asleep in her arms, as captured in this photo:
This is a snuggly kitten who loves people. Can you tell?
We're all committed to giving Dino extra love, because he is our #1 man! He's been getting lots of hugs and scratches!
2 comments:
He sure is a cutie and just love, love the name! Glad he is a little lover boy so the kids can cuddle. I guess this means no puppy forthcoming in the near future. I look forward to meeting Turbo man! xxoo Noni
Oh My Gosh! Has Darell seen him yet? Amazing blast from the past. I like the name, although Kitty2 would have worked for me. The pictures are adorable. What a treat. Love, Grandma
Post a Comment