Monday, November 5, 2007

5-Nov-07 Here we go again

Katie is home from school today with chickenpox. Found the spots yesterday morning. So we are stuck at home for a few days AGAIN.

She actually had both the vaccine and the booster. This breakout of chickenpox is strange -- more vaccinated kids are getting it than the statistics would predict, and I know of a family in which even the child who had already had the disease got it again. It makes me wonder if this is some kind of different strain? I didn't think that happened with chickenpox... My scientific mind wants to solve this puzzle.

Nick has a couple of red bumps, but it actually doesn't look like it did on the girls yet. We'll see what happens through today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie...hope you don't get too hard of a case of the chicken pox and feel better soon. Maybe you can just take some quiet time to read your favorite books! Take good care and get well real soon.

Loves and hugs
Noni

Unknown said...

I agree with your scientific mind having so many ?'s about the why's of the kids getting chicken pox. Dad says he thinks you should call public health and report the cases, doesn't think your pediatrician will do that. He feels public health needs to know. I hope Katie and Nick get better real soon, Nick's is certainly suspicious for the chicken pox from what you have told about the current cases. Good luck on your stay-at-home gig, that's not really your style. Doesn't Darell come in on Wednesday? Have you let him know? Guess it won't really affect him since he has had the disease as you have. Just letting my brain go on and on. I love you, Mom

Barbra said...

I talked to the pediatrician's office and they said it is the preschool who should report it to public health, so I need to find out if they have done that.