Tuesday, November 20, 2007

20-Nov-07 some news about me

Eight weeks ago, I finally did something I've been meaning to do for a long time. When my 30th birthday came along, I decided that could be the impetus to get me to finally do it. But I had a new baby and thought it wouldn't be a good idea while I had little hands grabbing at me all the time. Then another new baby came along. Then ... well... this is not a big deal for most people, but I was self-conscious about being 34 and going in to get it done. So I was stalling and dragging my feet...

Then my friend Annette passed away of leukemia. She was a jewelry designer and I had purchased quite a bit of her pieces over the past few years. I wear some of them a lot, but there are some things I was still unable to wear. I was determined to finally just GO DO IT.

Here are just a few samples of her work, worn by ME!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What!!! Wendy I bet you are surprised? I know someone who was shocked!! I had no idea this was even on your mind. The earrings are beautiful and look wonderful on you. Thanks for the pictures of D and the kids on your previous, I really enjoyed them. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am surprised!!! What a wonderful way to acknowledge your friend...almost made me cry. And your lobes have never looked more beautiful! I think my mom was your age when she got her ears pierced too. You'll have so much fun picking out pieces for performing and dressing up!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kari said...

Beautiful earrings! I had no idea that you didn't have pierced ears, I never noticed. I thought you were going to say you'd gotton your belly button pierced or something! Anyway, they look great on you.